Friday, September 6, 2013

Week 33: In Motion

Without further ado, let me introduce you my very good friend Mari! She made "Week 33: In Motion" happen in the most awesome way!


I just need to tell you the story of the photo shoot. In August I spent some days in Helsinki (Finland) visiting my awesome friends. One night Mari and me went to take a closer look at a mysterious office building. We had seen it from afar, but never actually taken a closer look. While I was trying to take a photo of a random sculpture Mari blurred into the shot. Kinda like this (well, this one's staged, Mari wasn't really randomly jumping up and down there... or was she).


Then it hit me - when shooting things in motion I can just create it in the darkness with people. Or accessories. The magical scarf in motion - creative credits go to my model. ;) 


We found the perfect light to keep the face lit and in focus, but at the same time blur the movement of the scarf. We took a billion shots. It was the most fun ever. Here's my high five to all those people who watch the security camera videos. I am sure we entertained a bit.



I love the colors. I love the contrasts. So it was impossible for me to decide color or black or white. Either way works with those photos.


Things I learned? Spontaneity kicks ass. Always take your camera with you. Go crazy. Be the Statute of Liberty. Or a Unicorn. Anything life brings on you, really. Anything can be kinda magical if you want it to.




A big hug and thank you to Mari for modeling for me and my blog! I am so excited to share these images 'cos round here I usually shoot inanimate objects. I get it, not everyone want's to end up in someone's blog. But I am happy some do. :) I hope to shoot more living objects in the future. It's challenging as a great image takes some kind of special synergy and with some people it just doesn't work. At least that's how it is for me. 

Keep on moving! Be in motion!


xoxo

Ps. I am addicted to Coldplay, so yes - the new song is awesome, check it out here. And have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. These shots are fantastic. The lighting makes them look so neat. Really looks like it was a fun shoot to do, for both of you! Here's to having willing models in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes - willing models are the best! We should cherish them!

      Delete