Friday, September 20, 2013

Week 36: Tradition

Bullfighting. Spain equals flamenco, paella and bullfighting in many people's heads, right?! While bullfighting is prohibited in some parts of Spain it is still taking place every Sunday evening in Madrid (from spring to fall). The venue - Las Ventas is one of the most prominent buildings in the city, it looks awesome. 


So, I went to see bullfighting, because I needed to see something so famous and controversial. Did I like it? Well, I don't regret going, it was interesting to see something unique and different. Did I enjoy it? No. And I don't understand it. 

Here are some photos from the event. Mind you there are bulls and fighting and a little bit of blood. No hardcore shots, but just in case you feel strongly about it.





Thank you for stopping by! xx

1 comment:

  1. Great photos although the subject matter is difficult to see. I once went to a bullfight in Mexico and it sure was hard to watch. I only went because others i was traveling with wanted to. That said, you're right that it is interesting to see something with such tradition behind it.

    ReplyDelete