Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week 2: Patterns

This week I was determined to see patterns EVERYWHERE. Well, I used my subject in a wide sense, so it wasn't that hard. In the end everything started to seem as part of a pattern. Without further ado let's take a look at what I got.

I started off with shooting streets. In Madrid sidewalks tend to be made of different tiles, not covered in asphalt. So the city is packed with patterned streets. Oh and they love to add colorful carpets in front of bars and restaurants.

iPhone 4S, iPhoto

iPhone 4S, iPhoto

iPhone 4S, iPhoto
The southerners aren't big on adding isolation (or central heating) to their buildings, so life in the office required some thermo socks and a small radiator. Hey, but fun patterns!

iPhone 4S, iPhoto
Wouldn't you say that modern buildings are all about patterns? Sometimes it sure does feel so.

Olympus E-420, 25mm


Olympus E-420, 25mm
Sky, lines
Olympus E-420, 25mm


Lines, interrupted
Olympus E-420, 25mm
 Sometimes fun patterns hide underground, found this fishy at a metro station. Patterns within patterns.

Olympus E-420, 25mm
Well, finding patterns in my wardrobe is easy.

Oh I just love patterns on my Nanso clothes. Yellow fabric with birds is a pillow from Habitat.
Olympus E-420, 25mm

Olympus E-420, 25mm

Olympus E-420, 25mm
I was home-bound for today and stumbled upon patterns in my kitchen.

Paper towels - the overlook kitchen lace 
Olympus E-420, 25mm

Some patterns are accidental (and delicious).
Olympus E-420, 25mm

My (empty) box of Belgian chocolate truffles on the dining table.
Olympus E-420, 25mm

Natural inspiration for man-made patterns perhaps?! Ps. The soup turned out delicious!
Olympus E-420, 25mm

Patterns really are all around us, sometimes we just need an extra moment (or a photo project) to notice them.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment