Sunday, February 3, 2013

Week 5: Modern Times

I love modern times. I love pre-modern times, too. So I decided to throw together the present and the past. Thankfully modern times have not taken over completely, there's still a bit of old school touch to life. At least at my house.

The idea for this week was to present modern times and well, I found it the easiest to get my point across by putting modern and a little less modern things side by side.

The Economist in my living room, The Economist on the go.
Olympus E-420, 25mm
I think this book would be extra awesome on an iPad (bigger screen, you know). It sings, it moves, it's interactive. As much as I adore books on paper I think this e-book does The Beatles and Yellow Submarine a lot more justice than the book on paper (that is pretty, too).
Olympus E-420, 25mm
Whisking has gone all electronic.
Olympus E-420, 25mm
However, coffee making is all old school at my house. I don't have any of the modern Nespresso etc machines. 
Olympus E-420, 25mm
All that and tons more all squeezed into this small fella. Almost too weird to be true. Still love the sound of CDs and vinyls. More than all those iPod friendly files. Don't get me wrong, I adore the portability of music we have in those modern times. 
Olympus E-420, 25mm

Let's hit the road!
Olympus E-420, 25mm
More phones, more portability, tons less phone calls... also, had to throw in my new blue shoes. Timeless.
Olympus E-420, 25mm

So, almost anything in my life could be replaces by an iPhone! A bit scary, so I intend to hold on that "old stuff" for a little variety. However, I do wish my iPhone would do the ironing for me... laundry has been piling up for weeks now. Oops. 

xoxo

2 comments: