Wednesday, July 3, 2013

And It Was Called Yellow

Yes, I used a line from Coldplay's "Yellow", because my label says 'yellow' and well, I love Coldplay. Win-win. And don't you just love A Beautiful Mess App?! Makes everything so cute.


Couple of days ago I read this great blog post on taking cell phone photos at concerts. Couldn't agree more, especially using the flash part. I get it, we all want photos of our idols. Just like this.

Autre Ne Veut at Dia de la Musica 2013 (Canon 6D + 40mm lens)
Don't get me wrong, I am no better than the smart phone photographers - I always snap a photo or two and later on upload one on Instagram. Even if it's all a blur or you can't even see the band.

Of Monster and Men

The Black Keys
However, I would appreciate if people in front of me wouldn't keep their phones up all time plus you know, some people have iPads, luckily not a common sight at concerts... yet. To be honest I'd rather take some shots with a DSLR, but usually it's forbidden to take a "professional" camera with you at a bigger concert. I'd say it only encourages people to settle for low quality shaky mobile shots. Okay, but won't get into the debate of weather one needs to take photos at concerts to begin with.

Happy mid-week, weekend is getting closer, yea!

xx

5 comments:

  1. I was just talking to a friend about how annoying it is to be at a concert where people in front of you are continuously holding up their phone or iPad! It totally ruins the well planned photos I try to take really quickly so I don't bother people behind me. Sheesh ... Everyone has the right to see a concert without a stupid device in their sightline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Word!! Couldn't agree more. Have noticed one little thing that helps - if you take a photo during a song that has not been played on radio a lot then the whole phone/iPad crowd is quite calm. So you have your chance for a photo. But if a hit is being performed then everyone wants their own footage of it. Yikes.

      Delete
  2. You take the best concert shops. I always get them mid word and they look funny.

    I love the one with his hands apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, I also have a lot of awkward photos hidden away. ;)

      Delete
  3. I couldn't agree more. I went to a Kings of Leon concert recently and although I tried to take a few photos it just wasn't doing them justice plus I wanted to enjoy watching them in the flesh and not on my phone!! P.S thanks for your comment on my blog. It's interesting to see what cameras other bloggers have. xx

    ReplyDelete